Saturday, April 5, 2008

Funny how i can have so much on my mind, and when i finally get a chance to sit down and blog about it, i'm not sure where it went, or how to get it all into words ~ lol.

I know at the time i was thinking about all the babysitting jobs i've had in the last year ~ i'm not sure how common it is to have so many new/different jobs in such a short time, but i find it somewhat interesting anyway. On Monday I met my new family (the mom and younger 2 children), and on Tuesday was their first day here. As I was anticipating meeting them, and maybe even after that, i found myself thinking how i don't particularily "enjoy" the "getting to know the new family" part ~ i think maybe God is revealing to me that i am still dealing with some inferiority issues. That could be one of the things He's chipping away at in my life by bringing all these new jobs to me?? But then, i find it hard in any situation to be "out-going" and make the initiative to meet new people... so yes, it is stretching me.

At any rate, the new job seems to be going ok... although, Andrew and the new girl didn't get along too well when they were both here. I hope we can help them work it out ~ but we'll have to watch them a bit longer to figure out if it's more one than the other.

On Thursday we just had the little boy (he's almost 3). Robbie wasn't here either, so it was a farily relaxed and quiet day.

On a different note, we've been thinking about this for a while, and have decided to take Brenden back to the Hope Centre for NeuroEducational Development and get him on program again. I'm scared of the commitment (which is what's been holding me back for so long ~ i've often thought we should come back to this), but want so badly to help him achieve as much as he can before he's all "grown up." (He turned 15 on Monday). And I'm thinking that we should maximize the time we have now while waiting for our adoption to happen. So we were anticipating a wait of about 3-4 months to get the first appointment, but they called this week and offered us a spot in two weeks! Looks like i might have to do this without Jonathan since he's still on probation and we're thinking it's probably not a good idea for him to ask for the day off.

Oh... I finally located my "original" medical form on Thursday. It was in my files at the doctor's office! I guess i never had the original ~ they gave me a copy. Back then, it didn't realize everything had to be the "original" so i didn't think to check or ask about it at that time. So I made a trip into the city that day to pick it up, and brought it to our adoption worker who said she'll mail it with the ammended provincial letter of approval. Whew! I had just mailed an envelope to our agency the day before, and registered (or Xpresspost) isn't cheap ~ i was wishing i'd waited, but this worked out ok too (well, i'm trusting it IS working out ok ~ lol)... and i'm glad i didn't need to do another registered mail right away.

It actually took until this week for our financing to come through too ~ we might have been ok (although a bit delayed at the agency end) if it took another 2-4 weeks, but this worked out better overall, i think. Because Jonathan's job is new (probation), we didn't qualify for the Bank of Canada adoption loan... so we made some adjustments to our mortgage so that our fixed portion remains basically the same, but we have a line of credit available to use as needed. We have a great broker :-)

Anyway, it's Saturday, i was actually getting some tidying done ~ really, the extra babysitting seems to be adding to the messes ~ not really looking forward to the next few weeks of mud to boot (lol... sorry about the pun). I've been feeling more crowded in our house again, wondering where to put what, dreaming of more room (still would love a family room addition to the back of the kitchen/dining room ~ oh, and a bigger entrance would be great as well ~ i have a dream plan figured out for that too), and feeling some guilt about not being content with what we have. But yes, i "should" get back to work. Might not hurt to get the kids doing their chores too ~ i'm pretty sure they aren't doing them without being told/reminded!

No comments: