Sunday, August 3, 2008

is it just me?

I'm sure it's not just me... but it really bothers me how some people waste food! I've seen it quite repeatedly in the last two weeks, and it gets to me! There are so many reasonable options... start with smaller servings and go for more if you need; save the left-overs and eat them later when you are hungry again (it isn't always a great option, but it often is!)

Well, i've listened to a lot of noise today! Much of it has been "happy" noise, but it's been noise none-the-less. Having three extra children over for a week... well, it's always an adventure. It's been great for Janique to have another girl in the mix too, but they've been having their share of disagreements today too (nothing big, but just enough to be annoying) ~ i'm sure they are ALL over-tired! Plus the girls moved their playing upstairs (a living room floor-FULL) because the boys were pounding away on the drums (i've never heard those drums played that loudly before either). So there really hasn't been a place for silent retreat today ~ this is the closest i've come to finding it here. I was browsing homeschool catalogues for a few ideas ~ still need to figure out a science for this year ~ so that's a fun thing to do on a Sunday afternoon. But it was almost hard to focus on "science" with the girls' constant chatter ~ lol. If it hadn't been so windy i think i would've taken my books out to the trampoline. Oh well... the kids seem to be having fun (mostly).

Anyway, i guess this was my little "getaway"

it doesn't sound like Jonathan is getting far with getting the kids tucked in (kind of hard when he's running/chasing around with them)... lol

No comments: