Monday, July 28, 2008

Busy... &, did someone say babysitting??

Wow... life is going by faster than i have time to update. Before i get an update posted, i need to "update" the update.

I was going to update last week that i had agreed to babysitting again in September (this is the three kids i had since April), and i was also asked if i'd take the other two little boys one day/week to give the new mom a break (her baby has been pretty fussy)... so i agreed to that as well. So the newest update is that the mom of the three kids called this morning and asked if i could take them back sooner. She said the kids are just more pleasant when they've been staying here, and they ask to come here... i guess they really like it here. I'm wondering how much of it is the adjustment of a new place... but whatever... I agreed... but because we're busy quite often in the next two weeks, i won't have them until the 11th. Oh, she said she would most likely be done work by the end of August, until spring, so then i don't feel so bad for not taking off the rest of the summer.

We did have a wonderful weekend away at family camp (Ranger Lake Bible Camp). I'll try to get some pictures up of that (eventually). Jonathan was blessed to get Friday off so that we could be there for the full long weekend (Thursday night til Sunday afternoon). My sister & bil were there as well with most of their crew (one of the foster children was with his family for the weekend), and my other younger sister joined us.

I think i sort of surprised myself by actually going on a trail ride (like, on a horse). Maybe my sense of adventure is improving/growing?? (preparation for our trip to Ethiopia??). Jonathan got the first horse in line up, then they said "one of the moms" for the next horse, and i thought it was kind of big so i'd pass and let my sister take that one, but then i thought i'd like to be near Jonathan, so I went ahead. And I'm sure it ended up being the biggest horse in the group... but he was just fine ~ one of those "gentle giant" types. I even managed to get up on my own.

The last night at camp we had a thunder storm ~ all night ~ it was still thundering when we got up in the morning, and 10min. before breakfast, the power went out. By lunch time the sky had cleared up beautifully (power was back on after breakfast sometime).

Coco was happy to see us when we got home. I was so concerned for her because she gets so depressed when we go away (we seldom go anywhere overnight) she doesn't eat or drink properly, and she's a bit finicky about who takes care of her (usually my younger sister does that, but she was with us at camp).

Today i got out for a bit of shopping (didn't get everything done ~ again ~ just not enough time ~ lol), and planned to be home by 3, but wasn't home til 3:40 when Darwin reminded me (i had totally forgotten) that he was working today. Yikes! I got home just in time to take him to work.

And now i've got 3 of my sister and bil's older kids over for the week (minus 2 days when all the kids are going to "cousins camp" that my sister is doing for them ~ i'll be helping at least on Thursday).

Anyway, looks like it's time for me to go... more (pictures) when i get a chance.

No comments: