Wednesday, July 9, 2008

All done babysitting

Well, like i said to my kids... "all done 'full-time' babysitting... for now." The last two weeks we've had more days off than not for our regular family, but we've had other kids too so it's been busy anyway. By Friday night last week i was feeling very "DONE." But i realized too that i'd gotten myself to that place, and so on Saturday, when my sister called and asked if i'd be honest about whether or not i'd be interested in having 5 of her kids overnight, i told her i'd likely not be honest... so that pretty much answered her question. I really felt bad turning it down, but she is so understanding and had no problem saving their "event" for another time. I just wasn't at a place where i could've really enjoyed having them (i likely would've been less patient and more grumpy)... all while trying to get ready to teach Sunday school the next morning, and feeling sunk in the disorder our house has become in the last several week.

By Monday (i had the day off ~ nice surprise Sunday night) I finally felt like i was getting it back together a bit. Still haven't been feeling on top of the world ~ or anything else for that matter ~ but I'm learning things about myself and I think i'm identifying the greater sources of my stress. Knowing that makes it easier to now figure out ways of dealing with those stresses.

One stress, and probably the underlying stress, is program with Brenden. I guess that doesn't totally surprise me considering how i found it 7 yrs. ago when we tried this program with him, and i am really thankful that it's not worse now than it is! Truth is, I think we're probably doing a better job of it this time around than we did back then. I really have to be careful not to beat myself up when we don't get it all done, but at the same time, i want to be committed to it! A big part of it is just sticking to it and DOING it.

Anyway, not sure if i'm making much sense... but it's getting late and i've been way too tired lately, so i'm off :-)

No comments: