Friday, June 27, 2008

I guess June is almost done too...

And i'm ready for a break... i feel like sleeping for a week ~ lol. I'm waiting to hear which days i'm babysitting in the next two weeks, and then, I think, we're done ~ the full-time babysitting anyway. At least for the rest of the summer ~ lol. I had given my notice for end of June, but their new babysitter has several days in the next two weeks that she can't have them, so we might just have them for the next two weeks yet. I'm fine with that... it's not as intense since we're done watching Robbie. I was planning to take the kids to the zoo today, but the weather really wasn't that great, so we didn't go anywhere.

I've been enjoying weeding my garden this year ~ and my body is actually enjoying the warmth of the sun (this is something new for me since last summer ~ i think that is thanks to homeopathics)... not too much of it though (last Saturday was a bit much ~ and i'm sure the heat by August will seem almost unbearable). But mid-20's or so?? and loving it enough to make me feel like taking a pillow out to the trampoline and having a nap... if i could wind down that much. Actually, i know this doesn't make any sense, but the other day, as i've been feeling so tired (mixed with "enjoying weeding") I said i felt like sleeping while weeding my garden (like, doing both at the same time). Yes, i'm over-tired ~ lol.

Last Sunday i took the kids (and two of their friends, and my younger sister) to a free-for-all at a nearby (1 1/2hr. drive) Bible camp. Much as i would've loved to have Jonathan there too (his worship team was up and he forgot to get a replacement), we all had a great time. Janique got to ride horse (the one and only thing she really cared about), the boys did some archery, pellet guns, paintball guns (just at target bottles ~ lol)... i think Darwin tried the wall climbing, and he & Reagan & I went canoeing (my highlight). The weather was about perfect ~ toward the end of the afternoon we had some rain ~ light at first, and then a bit more. It poured on the way home.

Oh, soccer season is done now too ~ Reagan's last game was on Tuesday. That was a bit of a mix-up... their games were scheduled for Friday's but the other team said they couldn't make it for Friday (today), so they asked to have the game Tuesday. Sure, agreed upon, and we were told the game was in their town (altho originally scheduled for our town). That team was told it was still in our town. Yep, we all went to Hepburn, and they all came here. Fortunately for the cell phones we were able to connect and still have a game (in their town)... and i think it was a tie game. A nice way to end the season.

and i better go...

No comments: