Friday, June 6, 2008

Lazy Friday??

Well, hardly "lazy" with Robbie & Andrew here ~ lol ~ but i'm still in pj's anyway! (My other family isn't here today, so i took the liberty to sleep in a bit, and "feel lazier" in pj's, etc.). Normally i don't have R&A on Fridays ~ my younger sister used to have them Fridays, but she only committed til the end of May. And since we had the benefit supper last night that we help out with, Trudy offered to take the day off so i wouldn't have her boys, but then we'd watch them today. Although i still had the other kids yesterday i agreed to the arrangement. I thought i might not mind the break after our crazy busy Wednesday anyway.

Had i known the other family wasn't going to be here today i would've probably would've rather had Robbie & Andrew yesterday instead of today... but i guess this is a good arrangement for Andrew who's been dreading coming because he & the other little girl don't get along too well. (Of course, yesterday would've meant just Robbie since Andrew had kindergarten... and it would've been a shorter day... but i guess it's nice to have a day with just these two too).

I took a tumble yesterday ~ upon arrival at the watermelon supper. Coming to the front door, there's a bit of a step (like 1-2"?) just before the door that i forgot about and didn't see, so my foot hooked on it and i went flying. I thought i had almost regained my footing just before i totally crashed/crumpled to the sidewalk. The door was open ~ i think i had caught it from one of the kids who was just ahead of me (might have been in a bit of a rush to catch the door?? and i'm guessing i probably grabbed it as i began flying), so once i was sitting i made a good door stop. I kind of wish i could see a replay in slow motion to see exactly what happened ~ it must have been an almost funny sight anyway. So now I have a few more bruises to add to my recent collection, and a sore muscle on my left arm (doesn't bother me unless i'm trying to use that muscle). I won't be kneeling on my right knee more than necessary for the next few days, and my right arm is sporting two new bruises ~ lol.

The other bruise ~ At Darwin's ball game last week (the game where he hit a homerun ~ woo hoo!), at one point the ball went foul and came over the fence right in my direction (i didn't remember who had batted that ball, but Darwin told me later he was sure it was him). So there were two of us in line... the other mom was sitting just to my right and one row down. She scooted over to the right, me to the left, and we were both "out of the way" but she reached out to try and catch the ball at the last mili-second; the ball deflected off her hand and into my elbow. I didn't think it really hurt much (i was wearing imitation leather jacket), but later my arm felt stiff, and then i saw the bruise.

Reagan has his soccer tournament tomorrow, so another full day there. I wish they didn't spread the games out so far apart (11, 2 & 5), but this is the way it goes. There's a LOT of teams, so i'm sure they were just trying to space them evenly. The boys were hoping to go fishing, but i guess they'll have to wait. They're getting a bit annoyed that Jonathan is still working an occasional shift at the farm on weekends ~ taking away from potential fishing days ~ lol. They've really taken to fishing! (Thanks to Grandma & Grandpa! lol). Milking is a fun out for Jonathan though, and he gets paid for it too, so i won't try to take that away from him. (at least not at this point).

Well, i better go see how everyone is doing...

No comments: