Friday, July 13, 2007

Jonathan & I were up by about 7:30 to get to the city in time for his job interview at 8:30. (So we're tired ~ Jonathan & Darwin got home after 3:30am, and I didn't sleep well before that either). So the job ~ I guess where they need a welder is on the different job sites, so things like bridges, etc. Jonathan isn't a "heights" kind of person (and there's the weather to contend with as well ~ which he'd probably tolerate "ok")... so it doesn't look/sound like this will be the one for him.

He was able to arrange the other interview for Tuesday morning (9:30), so we'll see how that one goes. They are looking for someone with more experience, but i guess we'll see.

Our meeting with the adoption worker went ok... but it sounds like the social worker for this foster girl apparently doesn't know how the adoption stuff works. So basically, we have little to no chance of actually adopting "T" ~ at least according to the adoption worker.

I'm ok with that since i'd all but put it behind me already, but Jonathan is somewhat disappointed. He's not opposed to international adoption, so we're not totally on different pages, but he's still thinking domestic is a possibility ~ and we know that if God wants "T" in our home, He can make it happen. There is a long waiting list, and so first of all we'd have to be on that waiting list. Depending on the extent of special needs we'd be willing to accept would affect how quickly we could even get onto that waiting list. So really, if we're thinking domestic, we need to think general ~ not just this one girl.

For me, it would be enough to close that door and pursue international. That's where my heart seems to be. But i want to be sensitive to Jonathan & to the Lord's leading. So I guess we keep praying.

So that's what i typed up after the meeting... Later while talking with my sister (& Jonathan), it sounds like there is still something about being an "alternate care giver" and i'm not completely following it all, but to me it sounds like we'd be like foster parents, and if we could do that, then perhaps (BIG perhaps??) if we'd had this girl living with us for a year or so, it might be "in the best interest of the child" to keep her there. (Again, providing no one wants to adopt all three children. So i'm not sure if that's even a feasible option ~ and i have a feeling we wouldn't be well liked by the adoption people if we tried to pursue that... I dunno... keep praying.

Oh, and an update on my potential investing dream ~ the 7 houses for one good price ~ not gonna happen. I called a realtor to see if he had any info on the market in that community. He didn't really know about that, but he's been to the community, and shared a few things with me. I'm content to let it go.

No comments: