Friday, February 1, 2008

Been an interesting week...

It's been COLD most of the week ~ today i'm not even sure what the temperature was (in the minus 20's i think), but it felt pretty nice! I shovelled snow for my mom & dad (my dad is recovering from surgery), so i got to enjoy some fresh air and do a little "exercise."

On Tuesday morning (about 10-11am?) i had a little temporary scare. I was downstairs and the kids were upstairs when someone showed up at the door. The kids got there just ahead of me, but the lady asked to come in for a bit. It was only when she was coming in that I recognized her as a police officer. Umm, I'm sure the blood drained from my face (that's what it felt like) as the worst case senario played into my imagination. I was relieved when she said a vehicle down the street had been stolen and questioned if we'd noticed anything. Unfortunately we weren't able to help (i actually slept quite well that night) and i do feel badly for the family who's vehicle it was. There was a little funny side to this though... I was still in my pj's! I'd thought about getting dressed first thing in the morning... but i was trying out a new pair of flannel pj's (sleeper style) and they are just SO cozy! I reasoned that i wasn't expecting anyone until afternoon (the boys i baby-sit), so it'd be ok to wear them til lunch time. Lol... so when the police officer apologized for waking me, i assured her we were all up and i was just trying out a new pair of pj's. And then i got to mention that we homeschool (why the kids were home) ~ lol. What kind of family is this anyway? Lol.

So Jonathan has been at his new job 2 weeks now. I really don't know how to comment on that... but i think it's going ok. He said today that he's sure his boss likes him (that's a good thing!) and i think it's just hard to know how he'll like it until he gets more into it all. This week was too cold to work on the project they started last week, so he's been at the shop most of the week. On Wednesday (i think?) Jonathan mentioned at work that the thermometer in his van wasn't working ~ it wasn't heating. So at lunch time his boss sent him to go buy a new thermometer. The about 3 or so, there wasn't much to do, so he told Jonathan to bring the van into the shop and replace the part. :-) Not bad! I think when they get to installing the rotary parlour, and the robotic milkers (Feb/March projects?) it'll give Jonathan a better idea of the work. The other thing the boss is hoping for is that Jonathan might get his class 3 drivers so he can be a relief driver if the other guy needs someone... we'll see.

Tomorrow Jonathan & I are hoping to get the necessary papers notarized for our dossier. Then on Thursday I'm planning to meet with our adoption worker to put everything together and mail it to the agency. I'm not sure how that will all work out because at the time it looks like our financing options might take a few weeks to process... but we have the grant available, so i need to be in touch with the agency early next week to see how that all works.

Anyway, there's a little update again...

No comments: