Sunday, February 3, 2008

Yesterday i found out that i'm going to be out of a baby-sitting job as of tomorrow (i have the boys for the day tomorrow, and then she's on sick leave followed by maternity leave). Ok, that's fine ~ when possible, i think it's great for mom's to be home with their children... but i was wondering where that leaves me. (She said she'd still be asking me to watch her boys once in a while just for her own sanity ~ which is fine with me too). I was getting about $200/month from this job, so not a lot, but it makes a difference. (Can't remember if i mentioned, the other job didn't last long ~ she quit her job after a few weeks).

So i've been wondering what to do... do i look for more kids to watch in my home, or look for a different source of income? or just trust God to provide in other ways?

Today after church, our pastor's wife had just been talking with a young family, and then she looked over at me just a few feet away and casually asked "have you ever considered baby-sitting?" So she connected me with this couple who was looking for someone to watch their little girl! (A GIRL!!! ~ lol... just excited because we usually have boys, boys and more boys). She's not sure yet what her hours will be, but i'm flexible with evenings and short notice, so we'll see how it all works out. She wasn't too keen on the "daycare" setting that she'd checked out, so she's happy to have us. I start tomorrow morning.

I'm just amazed (and feeling blessed) at how God is always just ahead of me on these baby-sitting jobs! I hadn't even prayed yet, and God brought this one right to me!

karen

No comments: