Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jonathan's job sounds ok so far. He didn't do any real welding til Wednesday, and the hours have been a bit confusing (to me anyway)... but that's likely just with orientation and such. And i think they go in earlier for manditory over-time on Fridays?? We'll figure it out yet... not a big deal. I really like that he gets home so much earlier!!!

My week has been a bit more difficult... having Robbie here full-time has it's challenges, but my head has been feeling a bit yucky all week. I find that really affects me way too much and i need to find a way to cope better with those days. But yesterday when my sister asked about it (because i had mentioned to my bil that i was feeling stressed), she decided to see if daycare was still an option... so she's going with that. While it has been a relief to me, i feel really badly about "quitting" (even though i didn't "quit" but left the decision up to my sister so far ~ i guess she thought rather deal with it now than let it get to be too much??). And I guess Andrew had wanted daycare in the first place, so while i offered he could still come here, she decided to put him in daycare too ~ but more like a drop in so that she doesn't have to pay everyday just to hold his spot. And we'll be back-up for days when daycare doesn't work out. Oh, and the bus will continue to drop Robbie off at our house and we'll walk him over to daycare.

Of course, with that decision made, today is going pretty good. My kids haven't had this much fun with Robbie, probably ever before. ???

And there i break to put him down for his nap ~ and he fights me more than usual to go down ~ lol. I guess maybe all the fun equals "i don't want to sleep" today, and he put on a serious fight. But he did give in, and after 1/2 hour of holding/rocking him, he is sleeping now.

Anyway, I do feel badly about not having it all "together" enough to manage him full-time for 4 months... and it seems like i'm looking at everything in light of our pending adoption like "if you can't handle this, do you really think you can handle adopting two children?" Maybe i'm just afraid that's how others will look at it... and i need to stop thinking like that! It's God's voice and thoughts that I need to listen to!


No comments: