Thursday, March 6, 2008

Still waiting...

For some reason i just thought we'd know by Tuesday if Jonathan got the job or not ~ but we didn't know that was going to be a preliminary interview. So then we thought we'd know by Wednesday... and now we're hoping to find out today... but still waiting.

Lol... just a little bit ago, the phone rang and I said "that'll be the job" (hoping, of course)... and, it's another babysitting job! Lol... too funny! Ok, so why don't we just go full speed right away, bring Jonathan home and do full-time daycare?? It sure seems that there is a need for childcare, but at the same time, i know that one of the things that people like about having their children here is that it's NOT a daycare. Guess it depends on the family. I guess the challenge for me is how to continue providing a sufficient education for our children through all the changes and added responsibilities. Somehow though, strange as it might sound, it seems this babysitting thing has been good for me... it seems that it's giving me a further purpose in my life (not that my children and home aren't purpose enough, but somehow it's easier to get into a slump with the usual routines and easier to slack off). I'm not sure how to say it the way i feel it, and it might not make sense to anyone else, so i guess i'm making myself vulnerable to say anything. But it does seem that it's giving me an extra push which has been good for me. (Although i've had some reservations about having Robbie here everyday ~ but I anticipate God will be trying to build some character in a few of us through that experience).

Oh, this new job is apparently only for a few months as well... i think she said 3 or 4 months. She's got 3 children, but one is in school, so usually just two here. She wasn't sure about her hours, but sounded like maybe part-time, at least to begin with.

Jonathan is doing some extra shifts at the farm ~ just covering for some of the others here and there, so that's been kind of nice ~ helps out.

Anyway, i need to get some tidying done... can't wait for spring garage sales to clean out some of the clutter!

No comments: